Home & School: Mission & Accomplishments
Our Home School Association (HSA) serves as the communication vehicle between the school and the home. HSA is an all-volunteer organization that is responsible for planning community-building events, organizing room parents for each class, and overseeing a number of fundraising events. HSA also sponsors guest speakers for our parent community, and partners with the school board and principal on many planning and strategy efforts.
The mission of the HSA shall be to form a communication vehicle between the school and the home, to organize service activities (volunteers and fundraising), to plan community–building events, and to foster parental involvement in the school community.
The principle objectives of the HSA shall be to:
- Promote an atmosphere in the school community where parents, teachers, and students can cooperate, understand their responsibility, and work together in imparting the ideals of Catholic education.
- Encourage the HSA to provide a forum where ideas, desires or comments can be transmitted or shared.
- Build support for the school through the families of students and other members of the school community.
- Assist the school administration and School Advisory Board in raising funds for the school.
- Provide members with the means and opportunity to participate in religious, social, educational and cultural programs.
- Provide the school with the skills, talent and time of parents in service to the school.
HOME & SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS AND ROOM PARENTS FOR 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
|Becky Landers, Co-Chair
Kristy Swarthout, Co-Chair
Crystal Truslow Schmidtlein, Co-Chair
Brian Murphy, Treasurer
Su Miller, Secretary
George Wahl, Room Parent Coordinator
Sara Antonucci & Paula Fragomeni, Technology Coordinator
Lori Beecher, Samrawit Perry & Cate Thorin, Hospitality Committee
Sue Howard, Alumni Coordinator
Joei Dyer, Lauren Spranklin, and Katie Stringer, Grade Level Representatives
Yolando Ngo, Spirit Wear Coordinator
|Carmen Davila and Su Miller Prekindergarten Room Parents
Whitney Greaney and Katie Marconi, Kindergarten Room Parents
Christina Scripps and Lara Woodruff, 1st Grade Room Parents
Carrie Bettini and Martha Frydl, 2nd Grade Room Parents
Katie Ballengee and Kyla Butts, 3rd Grade Room Parents
Carmen Davila and Kim Karcagi Lukes, 4th Grade Room Parents
Hien Albright and Brigid McKelvey, 5th Grade Room Parents
Hope Cantarilho and Brenda Riel Stone, 6th Grade Room Parents
Kristy Inman and Amy Modlin, 7th Grade Room Parents
Mary Agboli, Tammy Marinucci, and Randy Stone, 8th Grade Room Parents