Home & School: Mission & Accomplishments
Our Home School Association (HSA) serves as the communication vehicle between the school and the home. HSA is an all-volunteer organization that is responsible for planning community-building events, organizing room parents for each class, and overseeing a number of fundraising events. HSA also sponsors guest speakers for our parent community, and partners with the school board and principal on many planning and strategy efforts.
The mission of the HSA shall be to form a communication vehicle between the school and the home, to organize service activities (volunteers and fundraising), to plan community–building events, and to foster parental involvement in the school community.
The principle objectives of the HSA shall be to:
- Promote an atmosphere in the school community where parents, teachers, and students can cooperate, understand their responsibility, and work together in imparting the ideals of Catholic education.
- Encourage the HSA to provide a forum where ideas, desires or comments can be transmitted or shared.
- Build support for the school through the families of students and other members of the school community.
- Assist the school administration and School Advisory Board in raising funds for the school.
- Provide members with the means and opportunity to participate in religious, social, educational and cultural programs.
- Provide the school with the skills, talent and time of parents in service to the school.
HOME & SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS AND ROOM PARENTS FOR 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
|Becky Landers, Co-Chair
Crystal Truslow Schmidtlein, Co-Chair
Brian Murphy, Treasurer
Joei Dyer, Secretary
Kristy Swarthout, Room Parent Coordinator
Paula Fragomeni, Technology Coordinator
Samrawit Perry & Beth Mallon, Hospitality Committee
Becky Landers, Spirit Wear Coordinator
Brittany Duignan and Lauren Spranklin Prekindergarten Room Parents
|Mike Scripps and George Wahl, Kindergarten Room Parents
Melissa Boyle and Christina Jackman, 1st Grade Room Parents
Laura Fisher and Barbara Smith, 2nd Grade Room Parents
Carmen Davila and Brigid McKelvey, 3rd Grade Room Parents
Beth Brock and Ashley Holmes, 4th Grade Room Parents
Kim Karcagi Lukes and Su Miller, 5th Grade Room Parents
Kristy Inman and Kim Maxwell, 6th Grade Room Parents
Amanda Fangmeyer and Donna Williams, 7th Grade Room Parents
Megan Cole, Anne Depman, Tammy McEnerney and Chieu Anh Urban, 8th Grade Room Parents