Home & School: Mission & Accomplishments
Our Home School Association (HSA) serves as the communication vehicle between the school and the home. HSA is an all-volunteer organization that is responsible for planning community-building events, organizing room parents for each class, and overseeing a number of fundraising events. HSA also sponsors guest speakers for our parent community, and partners with the school board and principal on many planning and strategy efforts.
The mission of the HSA shall be to form a communication vehicle between the school and the home, to organize service activities (volunteers and fundraising), to plan community–building events, and to foster parental involvement in the school community.
The principle objectives of the HSA shall be to:
- Promote an atmosphere in the school community where parents, teachers, and students can cooperate, understand their responsibility, and work together in imparting the ideals of Catholic education.
- Encourage the HSA to provide a forum where ideas, desires or comments can be transmitted or shared.
- Build support for the school through the families of students and other members of the school community.
- Assist the school administration and School Advisory Board in raising funds for the school.
- Provide members with the means and opportunity to participate in religious, social, educational and cultural programs.
- Provide the school with the skills, talent and time of parents in service to the school.
HOME & SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS AND ROOM PARENTS FOR 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
|Tammy McEnerney, Co-Chair
Crystal Truslow Schmidtlein, Co-Chair
Brian Murphy, Treasurer
Joei Dyer, Secretary
Kristy Swarthout, Room Parent Coordinator
Paula Fragomeni, Technology Coordinator
Samrawit Perry, Trish Leonette, & Beth Mallon, Hospitality Committee
Becky Landers, Spirit Wear Coordinator
George & Megan Wahl and Sara Pitcher, Prekindergarten Room Parents
|Beth Brock and Jennifer Reid, Kindergarten Room Parents
Sandy Brooks and Tammy Marinucci, 1st Grade Room Parents
Carmen Davila and Brigid McKelvey, 2nd Grade Room Parents
Katie Stringer, 3rd Grade Room Parents
Kim Karcagi Lukes and Su Miller, 4th Grade Room Parents
Jane Bakey and Kim Maxwell, 5th Grade Room Parents
Kenny Perry and Brenda Riel Stone, 6th Grade Room Parents
Kathryn Collins and Heather Weaver Shibler, 7th Grade Room Parents
Cecilia Shannon and Hope Sullivan, 8th Grade Room Parents